Books Authored by Bob Orndorff
Please contact Bob at for more information about any of the books.
In the 3rd edition of JISTs Best-Selling Character-Education book, Becoming the Best Me, today's most sought after skills and qualities are revealed, and character traits and interpersonal ability are the two biggest themes. This book helps develop character education and life skills as related to careers, i.e. what character traits are companies looking for. It is based on research surveys spanning over 1,000 employers and direct quotes by recruiters from 11 large companies. It incorporates key character education traits such as respect, responsibility, honesty, hard working, teamwork, leadership, citizenship, and communication.
* Helps readers develop good character traits and life skills
* Fun and engaging writing style
* Real-world focus based on research spanning over 1,000 employers nationwide
* Includes quotes and advice from key recruiters from 11 top companies
* Employer checklists (which character traits companies look for in employees)
* Incorporates key character education such as: respect, responsibility, honesty, hard-working, teamwork, leadership, and communication
There is also an Instructor's Manual on CD-ROM that accompanies the Becoming the Best Me book.
The Instructor's Manual on CD-ROM contains six primary instructional concepts and several other techniques and exercises that will facilitate the implementation of the 10 Career & Character Education Essentials featured in the Becoming the Best Me workbook.
It also includes tips for educators and counselors, including ideas for discussion, additional exercises, classroom presentation slides, advice, reproducible worksheets, solutions to workbook exercises, and a final exam.
Becoming the Best Me 3rd Edition